Mayor's Council for Women
Healthcare and its Importance to Women
The Health Committee focuses on individual and family wellness, creating safe and healthy communities, including mental health, elder health, disparities and reproductive health.
Your co-chairs are Donna Hobgood and Mary Lambert.
Meeting times are 12-1:30 every 1st Friday of the month at City Hall in the Verandah Room.
To become a member of this committee, please Click Here.
We are pleased to share our published white papers and their impact on the larger community.
- Fitness Facility & Access (2019)
- Improving Health access, individual and family wellness, and creating safe and healthy communities (2018)
- Filling the Healthy Sexuality Education Gap (2018)
- Improvement of Local Healthcare and Social Services (2016)
- Changing Outcomes for Teens: Reducing Teen Pregnancies (2016)
- Improving Health: Elderly, Access & Disparities, Reproductive Health (2015)
The effects of our work are listed below. Some are works in progress.
- Fitness Facility & Access - As a result of our study, MCW identified the need for the city to adopt a strategy to maintain and grow adult-focused ability centers that contribute to the overall well-being of its citizens.
- Filling the Healthy Sexuality Education Gap - As a result of our study, MCW partnered with the TN Department of Children & Youth and UTC to present an all-day training session for parrents to learn how to educate their children about reproductive health.
- Changing Outcomes for Teens: Reducing Teen Pregnancies - This study pointed out the need for informative, accurate education for our city's youth relative to their sexual behavior and relationshipal health. It led to the educational program mentioned above.